Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memoirs of a Geisha is narrated Thur the entire novel by Sayuri. It takes place in Yoroido, japan. She walks us Thur her life since she was nine. Her mother was deadly ill. And her father had worried about how they would be taken care of with her mother gone. Mr. Tanaka ( a well known friend and a wealthy man) had taken advantage of the situation to take the girls a way. He propose they would be better of with him and he would house and feed them. Little did she know that that day , Mr.Tanaka visit would change her life forever. Mr.tanaka wasn't the guy he appear to be. He took them to different "okiya" (a geisha home) and their was the last seen of her sister being driven apart from her and she was only nine.

"But to learn in a single moment that both my mother and my father had died and left me, and that my sister too was lost to me forever...at once my mind felt like a broken vase that would not stand. I was lost even within the room around me." Chapter 8 p.g.103

No comments:

Post a Comment